Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Worcationing

There are work days and there are vacation days, and then there are the hybrids "worcation days". The last two days fall into the hybrid categories. Although I was able to start the day slowly, getting in some good exercise (and today, picking up my new IPhone) before meandering into the office, and was able to leave "early" (which now means 5:30'ish), these really were not vacation days. At the same time, they were transition days which will allow me to truly enjoy the second week of vacation. For me, this transition is a necessary evil as I always seem to have a fair number of projects that I feel need my personal attention. So, I will work a little the next couple of days, but will try to keep the work in a limited "box of time". That won't make everyone happy, but it will allow me to do what I need to do.

No comments: