Monday, August 18, 2008

Playing With Words - Again

There are some times when your totally "silly" side surfaces and sometimes when it should be kept submerged. In this case, I can't decide. In any event, while kayaking on the lake yesterday, I sang versions of the following to myself. Perhaps I was playing to the only audience that would appreciate it. But, this is my journal, so I get to write anything that pleases me even if it doesn't please anyone else. So, here is my kayaking yaking.

Having finished teaching addition and subtraction
And working with decimals and fractions.
I wondered where to go and on what winding path
I guess I was looking for something in the aftermath after math.

As I shuffled around Atlantic City with nothing much to do
I was feeling a little sad and more than a little blue
No one to play with or with whom I could have a talk
I guess I was having a little bored walk on Boardwalk.

Then I spotted some steps down to the beach
And below people were milling around beyond my reach
All were intently looking at me as I hopped down each step
I guess I was caught in a stare way on the stairway.

Soon I was invited to go out on a boat cruise
An event on the seas for singles to meet and drink booze
After imbibing a few I met a gal while taking a dip
I guess I had formed a new friendship on the friend ship.

When we left the ship we took a meandering stroll
Once again on the Boardwalk which no longer seemed droll
I now noticed girls everywhere on the wide walk that day
I guess I was walking on a broad way on a broadway.

We needed something fun and exciting to do.
Otherwise I knew that our newfound friendship would soon be through
I then spotted a sign that said "roller blades for a dollar for your date"
So I guess I was lucky to have found a cheap skate for a cheapskate.

Then next while eating a holy round pastry with my new friend
I discovered a personality trait that made me wish for a quick end
For it seemed that she loved money more than I loved her strut
So I guess I discovered that while easting a donut that she was dough nut.

So soon I was all alone in my little world again
With nothing to do and not knowing where to begin.
Then I sat down alone on the dock and everything was it should be
So I guess I should just sit and see the sea.

It was then and there that I came to realize
A profession where there is only truth and no lies.
It is a place were words and language rule and lead the way
As one who writes wordplays into word plays.

No comments: