Friday, August 22, 2008

Cantaloupe Seeds - The Poem

I wrote this poem many many years ago, and I always like the image of the textured skin of the cantaloupe that protected the succulent orange cantaloupe fruit and especially the seeds that are part of the circle of life.

I was so attracted to the image and concept, that I "named" my video production company (not really a company, of course) "Cantaloupe Seeds" (and also "Nantucket Road Studios" which for me evokes a place of rest surrounded by the ever moving ocean waves even though the island of Nantucket is not the basis for the name). So, in the end, I produce videos with production names that remind me that deep inside of me is a creative element and that it gives me a restful escape from my otherwise ever moving life).

Cantaloupes
With textured skin
And succulent fruit
Found within

And inside there
Are slick seeds too
To bring more cantaloupes
To me and you.

No comments: