Monday, August 4, 2008

Nothing to Write About So I'll Write About Nothing

I wrote the following poem but since even I wouldn't read the whole thing, I decided to come back to the top and write this closing paragraph at the beginning. Posts for me are better off written early in the day - bedtime is to rushed and I am too tired. Personally, I won't read the following, but now that I said that, you probably will. Oh well, I warned you.

Just tried to write a post
About perspective and time
But the thoughts didn't mesh
So instead I'll resort to rhyme.

Ella rests before me
A curled, multi-colored ball
Ears moving with the keyboard
A belly that rises and falls.

Two bleary eyed are already retired
Now sleeping snuggled in bed
One is studying before eating again
Every few hours the teen has to be fed.

One stretched on the couch
Absorbed watching Weeds
The television wasteland
From which few are freed.

And I sit and consider
Just what to type
But it doesn't feel right
Just a bunch of hype.

So rather than bore
My readers (really just me)
I too will retire
And set us all free.

No comments: